Dior - Milky Dots collection (Summer 2016)11:43 PM
Here I am with swatches of some products of the new Dior collection called Milky Dots! Oh dots, I love dots! I find them so chic!
Let's start with the nail polishes. In this collection, there are 3 duos. Each duo comes with a dotting tool to help create the super cute dot pattern.
Out of the 3 duos, I got 001 Pastilles. It comes with a gorgeous blue and a pretty off-white cream polish. The blue really pops, it's a statement color and despite having hundreds of nail polishes in my collection, I don't have such a pretty blue. It's vibrant yet a bit muted at the same time.
The formula of both polishes is perfect, super easy to apply and they are nicely pigmented. You will still need to use 2 coats to make them perfectly even. I think that they dry quickly, which is important when you want to do some nail art.
Similarly to last year, the Dior summer collection includes a Backstage Eye Reviver Illuminating Palette. The palette contains a primer, four powder eyeshadows and a cream eyeliner.
Just like last year, the new Eye Reviver palette contains soft and luminous eyeshadows. They are flattering on most skin tones and I'm positively sure that if you get this palette, you won't regret it.
It's a great palette for everyday use but depending on how you work with it, you could also use it for a night out, with a bolder eyeliner for example. So it's quite versatile in fact.
Considering I love the Eye Reviver palette 001 (it's one of my most used palettes!), I was super excited when I've heard that Dior would come with a second palette!
Oh I've got to mention that when I first swatched these eyeshadows, I found them a bit too powdery but when I started using the palette the next morning for my eye makeup I found them less powdery and they adhered to the skin very well. There is a little bit of fall out when you apply them but nothing too annoying. I also have to mention that they are super easy to blend. You can create gradients very easily.
- a satin cream primer with neutral undertones (not shown on my picture because it is the exact same shade as my skin so you can't see it)
- a soft pink with super fine gold shimmer. It's a great shade to use all over the lid or depending on your skin color, you could use it as an inner corner highlighter.
- a light coppery gold. This color is gorgeous to illuminate the eye. I really love it!
- an olive-brown shade with gold undertones. This color is quite complex because when I swatched it on my arms I hardly saw the green in it but then on my picture and also in the pan now that I look at it carefully, you can definitely see some green. That's the kind of color that can look quite different in my opinion according to your skin tone and color. The green can comes out more or less. Whatever it is, it's a very flattering color.
- a deep brown with warm undertones and fine copper shimmer.
- a deep brown eyeliner.
For reference, I reviewed the Eye Reviver 001 palette HERE. I'm also adding a few pictures for comparison purposes.
So overall I think it's a super fun and beautiful summer collection. The nail duo in Pastilles is really eye-catchy and when I wore it 2 weeks ago, almost all the people I came across mentioned my nails and asked what I was wearing and how I did that manicure. The dot pattern is really easy to achieve even for beginners and the effect is beautiful. For the eye reviver palette, I think it's a gorgeous everday palette and you cannot go wrong with it. It's super easy to work with and is just perfect for a neutral, easy-to-do eye look.
Dior products can be purchased from your regular Dior counter (e.g., Sephora, Selfridges, Nordstrom) or directly through dior.com. In Switzerland you can find them at Douglas, Marionnaud, Jelmoli and Manor for example.